Bomanite Vertical Stain
Bomanite Vertical Stain is designed to provide a long lasting, durable method of coloring vertical concrete and masonry surfaces. Bomanite Vertical Stain is a water-based acrylic coating that combines the durability of an oil-based paint with the easy use and cleanup characteristics of latex. Bomanite Vertical Stain is specially formulated to provide superior resistance to ultraviolet rays, acids, oils, mildew and alkalis. Bomanite Vertical Stain can be used on new or old vertical concrete surfaces and similar masonry surfaces.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- IMPROVES AESTHETIC APPEARANCE OF NEW OR EXISTING SURFACES
- EASY APPLICATION PROCEDURES
- WIDE COLOR SELECTION, INCLUDING CUSTOM COLORS, ALLOWS
- UNLIMITED CUSTOM DESIGNS
- LONG LASTING, DURABLE
- COST-EFFECTIVE VERTICAL COLORING SYSTEM
25 standard colors – Refer to the Bomanite Color Hardener/Release Agent color chart for color selections and names. Custom colors available upon request (5 gallon minimum order on all custom colors).
Available in 1 quart, 1 gallon and 5 gallon containers
First coat – 250 to 300 square feet per gallon
Subsequent coats – 300 to 400 square feet per gallon
Bomanite Anti-Graffiti Barrier – It is recommended that all surfaces colored using Bomanite Vertical Stain be protected by Bomanite Anti-Graffiti Barrier. Bomanite Anti-Graffiti Barrier is a two-part acrylic urethane coating designed to form a tough, durable graffiti and soil barrier to help protect vertical concrete, masonry and stone surfaces. Please contact your local licensed Bomanite contractor for more information regarding the use of Bomanite Anti-Graffiti Barrier.
The use of curing compounds can adversely affect performance of Bomanite Vertical Stain. Do not use curing compounds as they may adversely affect the adhesion of the vertical stain. Do not use form release products that will prevent penetration of the stains. Do not use on wood or areas subject to strong solvent attack.
Keep out of the reach of children. See Material Safety Data Sheet for complete information.
- Weight of Solids 42%
- Volume of Solids 30%
- VOC less than 100 grams per liter
- Specific Gravity 1.4
- Density 11.7 pounds per gallon
- Flash Point None (C.O.C. method)
- Gloss 35 – 50/satin luster (A.S.T.M. Test D-523, 60°F)
- pH 8.5 ± 0.2
- Moisture Vapor Permeability Test results pending (A.S.T.M. D-1653)
- Viscosity 250 to 400 cps. (Brookfield RVF – 100, 50 rpm, spindle 3)
- Abrasion Resistance Pass (Taber 500 cycles)
- Ultraviolet Resistance No effect (QUV 1000+ hours)
- Weatherometer (Xenon Arc) Pass (A.S.T.M. G -26)
- Scrub Test(1000 revolutions) Pass
- Drying Time To touch – 30 to 45 minutes at 68°, 50% relative humidity
- Recoat – 1 to 2 hours at 68°, 50% relative humidity
- Form Opaque, viscous
- Odor Slight, sweet
Surface must be at least 7 days old, dry, clean and completely free of oil, grease, loose or chalking paint, dirt, etc. If necessary, clean with Bomanite Concrete Degreaser or Bomanite Floor Cleaner, rinse with clean water and allow to completely dry prior to application of Bomanite Vertical Stain.
Bomanite Vertical Stain may be applied by brush, roller, sponge, pump sprayer or airless sprayer. Allow each coat to dry completely (approximately 1 to 2 hours) before applying subsequent coats. The application of more than 3 coats of Bomanite Vertical Stain may result in penetration and adhesion problems.