QC Vertical Stain
QC Vertical Stain: Product Information Bulletin 6.199
QC CONSTRUCTION PRODUCTS VERTICAL STAIN is a water-based acrylic coating designed to provide a long lasting, durable method of coloring vertical concrete and masonry surfaces. QC VERTICAL STAIN combines the durability of an oil-based paint with the easy use and cleanup characteristics of latex. It is specially formulated for use with new or old vertical concrete surfaces and similar masonry surfaces, interior or exterior. QC VERTICAL STAIN has superior resistance to ultraviolet rays, acids, oils, mildew and alkalis.
Features and Benefits:
- Improves Aesthetic Appearance Of New Or Existing Surfaces
- Wide Color Selection, Including Custom Colors, Allows Unlimited Custom Designs
- Easy Application Procedures
- Long Lasting, Durable
- Cost-Effective Vertical Coloring System
25 standard colors – Refer to the QC CONSTRUCTION PRODUCTS COLOR HARDENER chart for color selections and names. Custom colors available upon request (5 gallon minimum order on all custom colors).
- First coat – 250 to 300 square feet per gallon (23.2 – 27.9 sq. m per 3.8 L).
- Subsequent coats – 300 to 400 square feet per gallon (27.9 – 37.2 sq. m per 3.8 L).
Suggested Collateral Products
QC ANTI-GRAFFITI BARRIER – It is recommended that all surfaces colored using QC VERTICAL STAIN be protected by using QC ANTI-GRAFFITI BARRIER. QC ANTI-GRAFFITI BARRIER is a two-part acrylic urethane coating designed to form a tough, durable graffiti and soil barrier to help protect vertical concrete, masonry and stone surfaces. Please contact your QC CONSTRUCTION PRODUCTS representative for more information regarding the use of QC ANTI-GRAFFITI BARRIER.
QC CONCRETE DEGREASER
QC FLOOR CLEANER
- Available in 1 quart, 1 gallon and 5 gallon (.9, 3.8 & 18.9 L) containers.
The use of curing compounds can adversely affect performance of QC VERTICAL STAIN. Do not use curing compounds as they may adversely affect the adhesion of the vertical stain. Do not use form release products that will prevent penetration of the stains. Do not use on wood or areas subject to strong solvent attack.
Keep out of the reach of children. See Material Safety Data Sheets for complete information.
- Weight of solids – 29%
- Volume of solids – 20%
- VOC – less than 100 grams per liter
- Specific Gravity – 1.16
- Density – 9.7 pounds per gallon
- Flash Point – None (C.O.C. method)
- Gloss – 35 – 50/satin luster (A.S.T.M. Test D-523, 60°)
- pH – 8.5 ± 0.2
- Viscosity – 250 to 400 cps. (Brookfield RVF – 100, 50 rpm, spindle 3)
- Abrasion Resistance – Taber Abrasion, 500 cycles: Passes
- Scrub Test – (1000 revolutions) Passes
- Drying Time – To touch – 30 to 45 minutes at 68°, 50% relative humidity
- Recoat – 1 to 2 hours at 68°, 50% relative humidity
- Form – Opaque, white liquid
- Odor – Slight, sweet
Surface must be at least 7 days old, dry, clean and completely free of oil, grease, loose or chalking paint, dirt, etc. If necessary, clean with QC CONCRETE DEGREASER or QC FLOOR CLEANER, rinse with clean water and allow to completely dry prior to application of QC VERTICAL STAIN.
QC VERTICAL STAIN may be applied by brush, roller, sponge, pump sprayer or airless sprayer. Allow each coat to dry completely (approximately 1 to 2 hours) before applying subsequent coats. The application of more than 3 coats of QC VERTICAL STAIN may result in penetration and adhesion problems.
QC VERTICAL STAIN is warranted to be of uniform quality within manufacturing tolerances. Since control is not exercised over its use, no warranty, expressed or implied, is made as to the effects of such use. Seller’s and manufacturer’s obligation under this warranty shall be limited to refunding the purchase price of that portion of the material proven to be defective. QC Construction Products, is a registered trademark and servicemark with the U.S. Patent Office and other foreign countries. QC Construction Products, Madera, CA.