Integral Colored Concrete with Architectural Finish
SECTION ________: INTEGRAL COLORED CONCRETE : The Contractor for integral colored concrete paving shall provide conclusive proof that he is qualified to and has previously produced integral colored paving and can comply with the provisions specified herein and shown on the plans. Proof shall be in three high quality installations, similar in scope to that specified herein, and located within a 50 mile radius of the City. Evidence that the Contractor is qualified to comply with the requirements specified herein shall be submitted to and be subject to the approval of the Architect.
Finish of concrete paving shall be: Light broom, hard trowel or Optional BOMANITE finish
The work provided by the contractor shall include:
- Materials: concrete, integral color
- Place concrete with QC “Canyon Pink” integral color
- Cure with QC “Clear Cure” Curing Compound
- Protect surface during construction
- Apply Optional Imprinted BOMANITE patterned concrete finish.
- Coat with Optional QC clear acrylic sealers 28 days later.
Concrete shall have a minimum compressive strength of 3000 psi. Portland cement shall conform to ASTM C 150, Type I, II, or IV. Aggregate shall conform to ASTM C33 and shall be minus 3/8 inch. Aggregate size of 1″ maximum is permissible in some applications. Mix water shall be fresh, clean and potable. An air-entraining agent conforming to ASTM C260 and/or a normal set or retarded-set water reducing admixture conforming to ASTM C 494 may be used. Calcium chloride shall not be permitted in the mix. Concrete shall be___ inch(s) thick.
Reinforcement shall be:______________________________.
Color shall be ready-to-use, QC T.B.D. Integral color, a streak-free integration of pigments, conditioning and dispersing agents produced by QC Construction Products, Madera, Ca., 800-854-2094, local representative Bay Area Concretes 510-651-6020.
Color (s) shall be “T.B.D.”
Installation shall be as follows:
- The integral colored concrete mix shall be placed, screeded to the proper grade and wood Floated to a uniform surface in the normal manner, smooth hard trowel surface with an optional “BOMANITE” patterned concrete finish. Add no water to surface during finishing or after job is done.
- Cure with QC “Clear Cure” curing compound, protect surface during construction.
- Seal with optional acrylic sealers 28 days later.
QC Integrally colored Bomanite concrete paving to be installed per standards and specification of Bomanite Corporation, QC Construction Products and in accordance with Bay Area Concretes Inc., 4179 Business Center Drive, Fremont, California 94538. License #242104. Phone (510) 651-6020-Michael Price. www.bayareaconcretes.com